[Afgesloten] Entertainment Media Specialist
We are a multi-cultural worldwide Cruise Line. Our mission is to provide the best possible cruise vacation experience for our guests.
We are seeking a new Broadcast Technician (aka Entertainment Media Specialist - EMS) to join our team. Your role will be to operate the shipboard Entertainment Media systems including (1) onboard Broadcast Television, (2) ship wide video distribution, (3) video playback in entertainment venues, (4) Production Show support, (5) Coolux video systems, (6) video projection, (7) LED video walls, and (8) the networking of all systems related to video and media..
As a member of the Entertainment department, you will work with Stage and Production Managers, Lighting and Sound Technicians, Cruise, Youth and Sports Staff and report to our Cruise Director.
This is an onboard position.
Please note that this is a creative position. We do require you to include a link to your previous work (aka demo reel) on your resume.
If you cannot provide a link to a demo reel, we can consider you for a separate technical position to support the overall operation. Please note this role still requires significant Broadcast experience working in a TV Station or Cable Company on land.
How much will you make?
- EMS starting pay is $2500/month for a 7 month contract. Contracts are 7 months onboard followed by 2 months vacation. Upon successful completion of the initial contract, a return assignment should be expected. There is some room for salary negotiation based on experience and qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Shoot/edit/air a Daily TV Show with the Cruise Director talking about the activities onboard and in the port of call.
- Manage and maintain ships TV Station/Cable Company where we serve the ship with 30 channels of content and support onboard TV productions.
- Monitor and correct any issues with TV content.
- Manage and maintain all Broadcast-related equipment in ships public spaces onboard. (this does not include TVs in the guest cabins).
- Support Headline Entertainers as needed with Image Magnification, video playback, and remote-controlled cameras in our Theaters, Ice Rinks, and Aqua Theaters onboard.
- Anything and everything that relates to TV and Video Production onboard a ship at sea!
What You Will Bring:
Our ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience and the following credentials/skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Communication Skills
- TV/Video Production Experience
- Non-Linear Editing Experience
- Camera Operation Experience
- Live Production Experience
- Broadcast Journalism Experience
- Technical Troubleshooting Experience
- A strong desire to learn and grow
You should have a link to your demo reel on your resume.
Why You'll Love Us:
Royal Caribbean Group is proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk. It reminds us that “good enough” is not remotely good enough. Instead, we greet every new idea with the words “What if?” instead of “It won’t work.”
If you love all things Broadcast and Video Production, and would love to get paid to travel, there is no better opportunity than to work onboard a cruise ship.
We can’t wait for you to journey with us. We offer the following benefits:
Royal Caribbean Group is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce, fostering a more inclusive workplace and leveraging diversity & inclusion to influence our marketplace.
Doing the right thing and in turn, doing things right is one of our most important values, and that includes creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all our guests and coworkers.
The Group is aware of the power of inclusion and diversity. Every day our 77,000 employees represent 122 countries and create priceless memories for our 75 million guests visiting more than 1,000 ports around the world. We’ve been blessed with a diverse & multicultural workforce from day one and we’ve worked hard to promulgate a welcoming culture for all, where every employee can be themselves, develop to their fullest potential, drive innovation and continue delivering exceptional vacation experiences for our guests. EOE Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.